Friday, February 24, 2012

Camp Lazlo... Small Potatoes. Oh La La!

I was watching TV with my little brother Hunter this morning, and got a glimpse of today's children's shows. I watch all those teen shows, like Glee, which happens to be my favorite. But I didn't realize until now, what weirdness is being shown on TV in the morning. I like some of the shows, you should really check them out:
  • Jake and the Neverland Pirates
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • What's new Scooby-Doo?
  • Looney Tunes (I know you know that one)
  • Tom and Jerry (another classic)
  • Little Bill
  • Olivia
      Most of these shows have been running for a while, but it seems that lately, channels have been canceling good shows, and replacing them with junk. Remember Imagination Movers? Awesome show, me and Hunter loved that one. But it's gone now.
      Ever hear of Small Potatoes? Neither have I before this morning. It's where potatoes sing about love and caring and stuff like that. It's one of those five minute short things on Disney Junior, formerly known as Playhouse Disney. A potato? Seriously, that's all these big executives could think of? I find it odd. 
       These shows keep getting dumber and dumber. You know Camp Lazlo, from Cartoon Network? It's about a broken down old camp inhabited by misfits and weirdos. And a camp counselor who hates the world. I saw one episode where someone married a tree! Not the best show in the world.
     Cartoon Network is full of odd shows. The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Regular Show, we can barely watch the channel anymore because most of the shows are just plain wrong. Remember Dexter's Laboratory? I based my life on Dee Dee! Johnny Bravo? Powerpuff Girls? Some of my favorite shows as a littler kid.
  Today, I just noticed how little pop culture there is in these modern day children's shows. It was... different. If this is how technology evolves, I don't want to be a part of that. I'll stick to the classics. Where Bambi saves the forest, and Cinderella gets Prince Charming. The rest of the world can move on if they want.
   I dare you to comment and tell me your favorite TV show as a kid. We'll see who really reads my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment