Sunday, March 4, 2012

Parting is such Sweet Sorrow...

  It's been a while since I last posted I realize. Oh well. I've been really busy with Fiddler and stuff. I had Fine Arts night on Thursday. Fine Arts Night is an event at school in which some of the best artwork of the year is put on display and all of the Music Clubs perform in some small way. It's just our school's way of pretending we are wonderful and trying to get other kids to turn into joiners like me and my friends. I performed a scene of Fiddler and played two songs with my Guitar Madness club in which we kicked butt! I also started Fine Arts Night by announcing the National Anthem played on the guitar by my friend Tyrin and then announcing Guitar Madness itself. We were the first to perform that night. It was major fun.
  But before that fun night, I had a sad one. One week ago, I said goodbye to someone special. They were someone who I knew and liked, but could have known better. They moved to Pennsylvania to be near family. As a military brat, I understand the "moving process" well. I know that everyone eventually moves on from smalltown Carthage.
  So I said goodbye to them, and as all goodbyes are, it was hard. Goodbyes should never be looked forward to, no matter what the circumstances are. I just hope they have a wonderful time in Pennsylvania, I hope they don't forget about me, I know I sure won't forget about them anytime soon.

"Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow"

No comments:

Post a Comment