Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dance til you Drop!

  Just got home from my friend Mckenzie's house. We were "working really hard" on a project for Social Studies while watching Eclipse. It was fun. But anyway, that's so not what I'm talking about. Not about the fact that I strongly dislike my unfair teachers who choose sides and are strongly one-minded. Or about the fact that my musical is 1/2 choreographed, missing all of its scenery and props and performances are one March 5 and 6. That fact that my costume was given to me with giant yellow sweat stains under the armpits (oh yeah, these costumes have been pre-used). Or the fact that Fine Arts Night is swiftly approaching and me and my friend still can't play our performance song worth squat.
But, no, that's not what I'm going to talk about. I'm going to talk about the one thing in middle school that for two hours, makes the whole thing worth while.
  School dances.
School dances, I'm afraid, have been underutilized a lot lately. Yes, that was a large word, my brain is still buzzing for even thinking of it.  We all love dances, well, the ones of us with school pep. Not school pep, more like, any kind of pep, we really don't give a hoot about our school. We are pretty much duds at everything anyway, except maybe a couple sports. We're even on the school watch list at academics. Smooth right? Well it seems our school's about to be hit with a lot o' smooth criminals because we are having our second, count 'em: T-W-O, dance this year. Finally! We haven't had one since the beginning of the year. We used to have them a lot more often, but our principal has gotten stricter and doesn't really pass much fun anymore.
  This dance is put on by the French Club which, lucky me, I am in. I get to work the Kan-Jam game. You see, the French Club's Mardi Gras dance happens to be the most exciting dance of the year. Mostly because my French teacher happens to be the only teacher in the whole school who cares about having fun. My friends Erica and Lexi are working on the Butt Balloon Pop. If you wish for further explanation, here it is: You pay like a dollar or something like that to pick a balloon. You then sit on this balloon and bounce around on it until you pop it. If you're a lucky duck and you pick the right balloon. There will be a piece of paper in the rubber rubble. (say that 10x fast) The paper will say like one free soda or something like that, and you win! Yay! Totally random, yet totally fun.
  The best part is, I only have to work for 20 minutes out of the 2 hrs. So I'll have a lot of time to dance my booty off. It will be so much fun. I can't wait for Friday to come. I'm anxiously awaiting the King cake cupcakes, the balloon butt pop, and the awesome music! We''l have a fun DJ, we've had him before and he was pretty awesome.
Hope this song will be played:
(yes the actual dialogue is in a foreign language, it's the only one I could find. At least the song sounds the same)
Or the Glee version (I have a feeling I'm getting addicted to uploading youtube songs. )

No comments:

Post a Comment