Monday, February 13, 2012

Twitterpated...

Love is in the air. It's Valentine's Day tomorrow! One of my favorite holidays. Valentine's day is largely disputed among middle school. Some like it, some hate it. To us, the only thing that ever seems to be circulating in our head besides hormones is who we are currently "dating" if anyone. It sounds sad considering the fact that most of us don't even actually go out on "dates". Because obviously, we're too young, as most of you are thinking right now. I am not at liberty to discuss my thoughts on that.
  For most, not even just middle and high schoolers, but for a lot of people, Valentine's Day is about your significant other. You take the time to realize how much they mean to you. You thank them for being there for you, for actually giving you the time of day, for loving you. But Valentine's Day is also about realizing how much you love your family. You don't always have to have a significant other to celebrate Valentine's Day.
  Love. To be spent with family, or a significant other if you're lucky to have one. Always fun. In elementary school, we'd walk around the classroom and give our friends fun little cards we got from Wal-Mart  that had cute pictures of barbie or Toy Story. The Valentines would always have crude little messages that were very punny. Like BEE my Valentine or I LUV YOU 2. Messages we didn't mean or know about but thought looked cool.  We'd make boxes and get to sit around all day and eat the candy that we got. A little party would be thrown. To this day, i still have no idea why they celebrated it, but I didn't want to question the idea of getting free candy. It's as wonderful as Halloween!
  Of course, I had to do Valentine's nails. But my camera is acting up and doesn't seem to like me. Bear with me.

 Paint a base coat with light pink. I actually used a light pink at my friend Mckenzie's house but this was the exact same color just a different brand.
Thanks to the gorgeous red crackle my aunt gave me for my birthday, I have this creation. I put on one thing coat and surprisingly, the polish crackled the exact way I wanted it. Usually, it takes me a while t get the hang of the crackle but this was perfection.
Yeah, like I said, my camera is not my bestfriend right now. I guess I'll just have to tell you and let you imagine it. Yes, I want you to visualize. I took a silver striper and put french tips on the four of my connected fingers and a big silver heart outline on my thumb. In my opinion. They look totally cute. I absolutely love this polish. The crackle kind of gives it a zebra/ tiger kind of look, maybe I could do this alone... Oh the ideas...
What I used:
  • Max Factor Diamond Hard Formula
  • OPI Red Crackle
  • Kiss Nail Art Sliver Glitter Striper
But anyway. May your day be full of love! From friends, from family, even saying hello to your neighbor! I hope your Valentine's Days will be splendiferous!

And to get into the splendiferous mood, listen to this while painting your LOVEly nails:

R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment