Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nail Fail!

  Everyone does it, some more than others. They fail. It could be a quiz, homework, an art project at home. For some (like me) it could be giving yourself a bad mani. It doesn't have to be every time you take a quiz, or make an art project. But once in a while, things don't turn out the way you'd like it to. I know most of you right now are going, "So, what's the big deal? It's just nails," while others are going, "Oh no! That stinks!" either sympathetically or sarcastically.
     For me, it's usually a big deal when I fail. This weekend, I found out something about my nail skills, I cannot do animal prints. I just can't. I tried this leopard print tutorial over at Steph's Closet. It seemed simple to me. I'm not really a leopard kinda gal (more of a zebra kinda gal. I LOVE zebra, almost more than the Muppets, but not quite), but I gave it a shot anyway. It looked cute on her. Of course, I'm one of those girls who always likes things when others do it, but I never like my own. Anyone else like that? Well I tried it on Friday night, and I didn't really like it, It looked like someone had strangled a cheetah and stole patches of it's spots. But it was a first time try so I didn't let it get me down too much. Too bad I didn't take a picture of it.
   Well if you know me, then you know that Saturdays are gymnastics days. On Saturdays I go to the YMCA in Watertown to practice and assist coaches, (like my mom and my awesome coach and friend Carolyn hehe) in gymnastics. Well, being my blonde self, (no offense to blondes elsewhere, I'm sure you have much more common sense than I) I put a topcoat on when I woke up, hoping that my nails would be dry by the time I got to the gym. Well you can guess what happened right?

I knew you could. So those are my nails, and my rolling around and helping little Tumbling Tigers kinda pushed my nail polish back a little. Go figure. It was probably a sign from the Nail Fairy that my nails stunk and I needed to change them. That's the story I'm going with anyway.
  So I changed my nails. I found this really cool tutorial a while back. It's so idiotically simple, and the idea was right under my nose because I had all the colors. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this on my own. The best part, it's Louisa-proof! Yay! I got this idea from my favorite nail blog ever! Leslie at Polish Art Addiction. So here's what I did.


*This look is pretty cute. One day I could probably wear this alone.
Then I used Black Crackle from OPI to create the full effect.



It's like the scratch pads that used to bring me so much joy as a kid. HA! Who am I kidding? They still bring me joy and I'm still a kid. They are soo much fun, I am always like "OOHH Pretty Colors..." It's true. And I love Lisa Frank too. When I was little, I was in her fan club and got all this fun stuff. Which is now in the trash or in a box in our attic I must confess... but it was fun while it lasted. I'm a sucker for cute things and rainbows. A girl through and through.
   I don't have all that fancy-schmancy China Glaze stuff. I not real High Maintenance when it comes to nail polish. If it looks pretty, I'll buy any kind polish you throw at me. So this is what I used. Gotten mostly from Wally World. Some stuff my aunt Colleen sent me. She has even more nail polish than I. Though I guess I've never gotten a full head count of mine. I'll get on that...
From Left to Right, I have:
  • Black Crackle:OPI
  • Pink Violets: Max Factor Diamond Hard Formula
  • Tulip Take-Off: Maybelline Express Finish
  • Key West Coral: Maybelline Great Finish
  • Hot Tamale: Pure Ice
  • Yellow Polka: Pure Ice
  • Beach Green: Kiss Nail Art Paint Stripers
  • Free Spirit: Pure Ice
  • Pool Party: Pure Ice
  • Celestial: Pure Ice
  • No Means No: Pure Ice
So that's how I failed and what I did to fix it. And a hint on my next post: I'm doing something big, it'll take me a while, I've done it before. It's a D.I.Y. and it's for someone that I love very much. Try to guess while I'm failing at that to. And here's some good nail painting music for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment